Have you ever…
- Fed your children cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner? All in one day.
- Swept your floor after supper and wondered how much food actually went in the kids bellies?
- Gave your child a big box of crayons knowing full well that all 1000 crayons will be spread across your living room floor in about 2 minutes?
- Told your child it was later than it actually was just so they would go to bed?
- Wondered how so much laundry accumulated in just one day? You know you only dressed the kids once!
- Wondered where all the socks go? And their not under the bed, in the dirty clothes, or in the dryer.
- Given up on folding any socks that you could find and just let the kids wear unmatching socks out of a basket that you keep at the top of the stairs just for that purpose?
- Left clean dishes in the dishwasher and just used those ones instead of putting them in the cupboard?
- Put Cheerios/crackers/toast/etc. directly on the floor for you children to eat because you know they are just going to dump the bowl out and eat whatever off the floor anyway?
- Stayed in your pj’s all day just so you didn’t have to do anymore laundry? Bonus points for keeping your kids in their pj’s all day as well.
- Saw something on the floor and not be able to pick it up? And when you actually needed it, tore about your house because you couldn’t find it?
- Thought about getting a bigger house because your kids belongings have taken over with the thoughts that you house might look cleaner because the mess would be more spread out?
- Let your kids wear that Halloween costume just to keep the peace?
- Sat out in the kitchen (or another room) and listened to the kids dump toys and other items on the floor, but just stayed where you were?
- Went to bed knowing that the mess will still be there because no matter how much you wish/pray, the cleaning fairy will not be showing up through the night?
- Just sat in the middle of said mess and played with your kids?
This post was inspired by the destruction my children did to my house this weekend.
Hope everyone’s weekend went a little smoother then mine! Share “Have you ever” moment!